Who we are
HillCo Property Group Pty Ltd A.B.N. 58 633 580 417 is committed to providing quality services to you and this policy outlines our ongoing obligations to you in respect of how we manage your Personal Information.
We have adopted the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act). The NPPs govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your Personal Information.
You may be able to deal with us without identifying yourself (i.e. anonymously or by using a pseudonym) in certain circumstances. If you wish to do so, please contact us to find out if this is practicable in your circumstances. However, if you do not provide us with the Personal Information we have requested, we may not be able to complete or fulfill the purpose for which we collect the information, including providing our services.
What personal data we collect
Under the Act Personal Information is defined as information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual that is reasonably identifiable, in whatever form and regardless of whether it is true or not (‘Personal Information’). The Act also defines a subset of Personal Information as sensitive information (for example health records, racial or ethnic origin, religious beliefs, criminal records).
The types of Personal Information we collect and hold will depend on the circumstances of collection and on the type of service we are providing. For example, when we are engaged to sell a property, we may collect and hold Personal Information from both the seller and potential buyers such as name, address, email address, telephone numbers, employment details and details about their business.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
When we collect Personal Information we will, where appropriate and where possible, explain to you why we are collecting the information and how we plan to use it.
How we collect personal information
We may collect Personal Information about you directly when you deal with us over the telephone, send us correspondence (whether by letter, fax or email), have contact with us in person, visit our websites or complete hard copy or online forms.
There are also circumstances where we may collect Personal Information about you from someone else. For example, from:
- Market research companies contracted by us to obtain information so that we may improve and market our services;
- Your employer;
- Other agents and valuers who may be involved in the services we provide;
- Property developers who contract us to market properties;
- Publicly available information and databases;
- Anyone you have authorised to deal with us on your behalf.
We also automatically collect certain information when you visit our websites or our subscribers receive promotional emails from us via cookies and other tracking technology (such as web beacons), some of which may be capable of personally identifying you. Such information includes the type of browser and operating system you are using, your IP address and how you use our websites.
Why we collect, hold, and use personal data
We generally collect, hold and use your Personal Information for the purposes for which it is provided to us (which will usually be obvious at the time of collection), related purposes or as permitted or required by law. Such purposes may include:
- Acting as agent for vendors or purchasers in relation to the sale of a property;
- Acting as agent for owners or tenants in relation to the leasing and or valuation of a property;
- Project management services;
- Structured advisory services;
- Town planning services;
- Capital allowances services and other consulting services in relation to the property market;
- Administration of our business, such as collection of overdue commissions or outstanding fees;
- Responding to client enquiries and communicating with you from time to time to maintain contact and keep you updated on the services you have requested;
- Forecasting future needs of our services and general quality assurance and training purposes;
- Engaging in legal proceedings and/or enforcing judgments and/or orders;
- Complying with the applicable legal or regulatory requirements and/or orders of competent authorities;
- Providing you with promotional and marketing information, including market research reports, newsletters, event invitations and/or property market information relating to our products and services which we think may be of interest to you; and
- Any other purpose identified at the time of collecting your Personal Information.
Disclosure of personal information
We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties as may be necessary for any of the purposes stated in the above section. Such third parties generally include:
- Our third party providers, contractors, consultants, agents and/or representatives (such as law firms, banks, financial institutions, insurers, IT providers, mortgage referral services providers and/or wealth management services providers) who provide services to us or on our behalf, including to:
- Conduct valuations;
- Assist with obtaining payment from creditors;
- Operate data centres;
- Conduct market research;
- Provide advice;
- Potential buyers, tenants, conjunctional real estate agents and brokers for the purpose for which the information was collected or for related purposes (for example to complete a transaction on your behalf or provide you with a service that you requested);
- Anyone you have authorised to deal with us on your behalf;
- Government authorities, regulatory bodies, law enforcement agencies, courts, tribunals and/or parties to the legal proceedings where you have consented to this or we are required or authorised to do so by law;
- Debt collection agencies; and/or
- Any other third parties identified at the time of collection of your Personal Information.
When you register as a member on our websites, you will be given a choice as to whether you want to receive e-mail messages from us, including newsletters, announcements and e-mail communications about our latest news, products or services. To the extent the relevant local law requires us to seek your consent, we will only send such messages to you if you opt-in.
If you do not wish to receive direct marketing calls or materials, you may use the unsubscribe facility in the marketing communication. Further, as a registered member with us, you can modify your choice at any time by accessing your registered account with us. We will stop using your Personal Information for direct marketing if you so request.
Privacy & site changes